Saturday, April 16, 2016

I don't think I ever posted this but I got matched to a residency program on match day last month so me and Lance will be spending a year in Crownpoint, NM as I work for the Indian Health Service! I'll be working with the Navajo Nation as the ocular disease resident! How cool right! So we'll be living on the Navajo reservation and it's like 40 minutes to the nearest town/store/restaurant/Starbucks/movie theater. I mean, this place is REMOTE...out in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Absolutely beautiful scenery though. Since there's nothing to do, Lance and I will be certainly getting "it" in. We're excited though. After I finish this residency next summer, I'll be making all kinds of money. All kinds. Residency trained optometrists make way more than non-residency trained docs. One quarter of my class got matched to residency programs. 

Anyway, until next time. 

No comments: